On today’s episode of the Financial Independence Podcast, I finally got to interview the person who introduced me to the concept of financial independence and early retirement in the first place…
Jacob Lund Fisker from Early Retirement Extreme!
To my mind, Jacob is the founder of the modern-day “FIRE movement” so hope you enjoy the interview!
- What Jacob has been up to since stepping away from ERE
- His experience being a financial quant and how it impacted his personal investing
- The problem with set-it-and-forget-it index investing
- The importance of staying flexible with your investing strategy
- Predictions for the next decade and the post-COVID world
- A systems approach to lifestyle design and why it’s beneficial
- Jacob’s thoughts on early retirement how they’ve changed since publishing Early Retirement Extreme
- His current projects and his plans for the future
- Early Retirement Extreme Website | Book | Forum | Wiki | Audio Book
- Early Retirement Extreme on Twitter | Facebook
- ERE 10-Year Update on Get Rich Slowly
- The Post that Started the Mad Fientist’s FI Journey